* We received a donation of £10 from the WI for putting the tables out for their party
* We received a donation of £150 from the Horse Show Committee. I was surprised - and said so - since I thought they had lost money last year. However Mitch said they decided to donate to us and the football club this year.
* Sue Foote has asked us to help with one of her projects on June 12th, It involves taking tables and chairs to school. So will check that Andy is around and willing to use the trailer, (I will be away).
* There are some more willows to be fetched from Rothamstead for the school. Anyone available to help this week or next?
Progress Last Week
John Pollington's report
1) 4 crocked members watched the remainder of the team off load a large trailer of art screens. Ben had brought the large tractor & trailer, and had to park with one small wheel on the Green (David nearly had kitten’s)!
2) While we were on the Green, some members helped a damsel in distress. Bronika (Bob would approve) needed to get a new chair that was too large through a door frame that was too small. Achieved without structural alterations to her cottage.
3) The Tech Team zoomed to the rec and repaired the waste bin.
4) Pete took a small team on foot to cut some of the ivy on the trees in the rec. [They completed the west hedge apparently, Bob] They worked really hard, but there is a lot of ivy on other hedges!
5) Keith did a lot of scrubbing on the benches and equipment in the rec play area, while the remaining crocks gave him encouragement and occasionally waived a drying rag around.