Progress Wednesday 10 Aug 2016
1. Autumn Show banners, sign & vegetables fixed (complaint about the tie-wraps breaking easily)
2. Date altered on all the signs that go in gardens, Jenny Taylor to collect tomorrow
3. Church House roof above the store area sealed (2 cans of spray bitumen used)
4. Les looked at Shed latch. Suggests you lift bottom edge of door with your left toe, while drawing bolt with right hand.
5. Work started on Dacre Rooms emergency lighting
6. The combined muscle power of Murph & Pete failed to drive in 2 stakes for the trees, may need to use metal stakes
7. Hall Lane hedge has not yet been cut, so no debris removal necessary
Coffee with thick slices of cake & milk was taken in the Memorial Hall. (1 unused cake left in box)
Next week, Himself will be with us on a fleeting visit from his Devonshire estate, watch out for a large list of jobs!!
i/c 3 Over & out.
Progress Wed 3rd Aug 2016
The Marsh Gang augmented by the Marsh family have already documented that equipment was moved for scaffolding, weeds cleared, window sills cleaned & painted on Dacre Rooms.
The rest of us also worked our fingers to the bone, but don’t have the photos to prove it:
Bush outside Mary Bigg’s cottage cut back
2 high level lamps in Church North Aisle replaced
Hedges bordering Mem. Hall path & East side of car park trimmed, debris to bonfire
Emergency repair made to ciggy butt box at Mem. Hall front door
Date on Autumn Show banners altered, sign date painted out.
Coffee without cake, but with milk was taken at the Dacre Rooms (double ration of cake next week)
Well done everyone, a good mornings work
Last Wednesday 27 07 16
The massive bonfire was reduced to almost nothing, the Hall lane hedge was cut, and some jobs done in the Dacre Rooms.
Horse Show gate and parking, starting at 0930, finish mid afternoon or whenever people want to go. I will bring coffee/tea and water (hot and cold). Burger and chips type lunch provided
Next Week and the Week After
I will be away and John P 3 I/C will construct the jobs list
* We have received a £25 donation from the Herts WI for the tables job
Friday August 12th Dacre Rooms. Farmers Market and coffee morning and lunch
Friday 19th August Dacre Rooms Coffee Morning
Friday September 2nd Tables out for Autumn Show
Saturday September 3rd Autumn Show help with games and clearing up
Friday September 9th Dacre Rooms Farmers Market as above
Friday 23rd September Dacre Rooms coffee morning