Progress Last Week
We cut back the growth on the Church Lane bank of the churchyard, we finished cutting around the boles of the Lime trees, we cut trees from graves, and removed ivy from graves. We tried to find out where the Church House roof is leaking, spraying some seams with gunge, and cleared leaves from the roof and mud from the drains. We raised up the Rainback memorial stones at the East of the church and took photos of the cast iron bollards ready for Ebay. We cut down branches from the trees behind Church House, those overhanging Anna Bossatta's garden, and took much of it to the bonfire.
Friday 25th November Village Coffee Morning Dacre Rooms 0930
Wednesday December 13th BWP Christmas Lunch
Friday 16th December Village Coffee Morning Dacre Rooms 0930
Friday 27th January Village Coffee Morning Dacre Rooms 0930
Friday 24th February Village Coffee Morning Dacre Rooms 0930
Friday 24th March Lining Roof and Walls 0930 Memorial Hall
BWP report 9 November 2016
As the forecast was wet, the planned Church Lane work was abandoned and we met in the Dacre Rooms to tackle some of the tasks there:
The water feed to the urinal cistern was cut and capped and the cistern and urinals removed along with all the pipe-work. The drains were cut flush with the floor and plugged, they await a final filling with cement. The remains of the wood that supported the vanity wall was also removed and the holes in the room wall were filled.
Upstairs the table tops had the corners rounded for safety reasons. Extra long table tops were collected from B&Q and these were also rounded.
A fluorescent light fitting in the front upstairs room was replaced with an LED fitting. This involved breaking down a wall in the roof space to access the wiring. This was needed anyway so that the roof insulation can be fitted at a later date.
The clock weight drop box had it’s cover re-fitted (it had been removed to fit the wiring to the outside sockets earlier).
The outside clock light bulb was replaced with an LED bulb.
The delivery of wood bark chips that had been left in the recreation ground access road was moved to storage behind the Dacre Rooms
We had a superb bonfire, we removed most of the stuff at the bottom of the Lime trees in the churchyard, and removed many of the trees and bushes growing on graves. Nearly done!
Work Achieved Last Wednesday
* We fetched nine cast iron bollards (very, very, heavy) from The Bury Barns. They were donated to us, we stored them behind the Dacre Rooms. We don't think we can use them, so I am going to make discrete enquiries to see if the donor would mind if we sell them.
* We re-fixed a loo roll holder in the ladies loo at the Memorial Hall - BobM and Paul reported that it needs reinforcing or will happen again.
* We completed the raising of the cremation stones, in the Churchyard (where else?)
* We cut back the lower growth on the Lime trees on the western wall of the churchyard, and removed completely much of it, and took to the allotment. We must keep on top of it by doing it every year. It does look much better already but a bit more do to (see above).
* We repainted the bench at the Dacre Rooms
* We took rubbish from the Dacre Rooms to the allotment bonfire and metal dump.
* We cleared rubbish from behind Church House and took some of it to the allotment bonfire and metal dump