A very productive morning. John Murphy and I replaced the old flourescent filling in the upstairs back room with a new spot bar with LEDs. Andy and I insulated the roof space in that room having removed a bin full of rubbish up there. David S and Christine painted the wall round the new window and David S varnished the window sill.
Peter removed all the old brackets and cutain fittings. Paul removed the vanity wall in the old gents and John Murphy and Helmar removed the ceiling panel so I can cap off the water supply to the urinals at a later date.
Tony D and Paul removed the old TV stand in the upstairs front room and also the old cupboard cover.
John M and Helmar fitted the second outside power socket on the porch (I have already done one before) Pete and I removed the old spot light fitting in the kitchen and started to fit a new LED spot, but did not finish it (the bracket needs a mod).
John M and I removed the unwanted fridge and I took it to the dump with David S.
I am updating all the lights in the rooms to LED or low energy.
A great thanks from the Dacre Rooms.
Progress Last Week
Last week we zoomed to Peters Green Hall to cut back the hedges, raise the gate which dragged, remove weeds from the car park, clear some gullies in the road outside, clear the path to the footpath and the dog bin, cut off an iron bar that was sticking out of the grassy area nearby. At the Churchyard we lifted more of the cremation stones in the Churchyard and cut off yet more of the ivy on grave stones. We took the Peters Green wood to the bonfire at the allotment, and took some wood chippings from there to Lloyd Way to cover a flower bed one of the residents has tended.
The local manager of Country Properties attended our coffee break to discuss how that company could contribute more to Kimpton. The ideas that came up included them supplying some notice boards, possibly allowing the Country Properties window space to be used for village posters, and possibly sponsoring the Dacre Rooms, but he has to go back to HQ to get approval for anything so we wait to hear more.
On Friday we put the lining up and on Monday we took it down again.
Progress Last Week, Wednesday 28th October
At the churchyard we removed a considerable amount of wood from the Prunus trees, to avoid the branches impinging on the yews, and took the spoil to the bonfire. We removed an enormous amount of ivy from grave stones, sawed off the trunk of the tree/bush we removed last week, levelled up several gravestones and crosses, and raised up many sunken cremation plaques, lots more to do. In Church Lane we cut back the bushes on the corner opposite the church gate. At the bottom of Coopers Hill we cleaned and painted the bench. Phew. A considerable amount achieved, well done everybody.